Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fame

Read about my brush with it here. My friend, Courtney, did a great job blogging about it.

While we stood in line for a good hour or so waiting to meet Ree, the others thought of intelligent, witty, don't forget me, things to say.

Me?

I froze.

Completely.

I said intelligent, witty, don't forget me things such as....

"Hi, nice to meet you."

"Can you tell we (I threw my friends under the bus too) don't have anything to say?"

Nervous laugh.

Clammy hands.

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

(I didn't say the above but I thought it. Oh, I thought it. Yes, sir.)

"We love you, Pioneer Woman."

Yes, yes, I did say that. So ashamed.

I had envisioned possibly throwing up on the book signing table, promptly twisting my ankle and then passing out so all in all, it went better than worst case scenario. Always a good thing.

Being cool around fame totally eludes me.