
My brother is 24 years old today. It is his golden birthday in that he is turning 24 and his birthday is April 24th. This year is unique because he is not on American soil. He is in the lovely country of Iraq. We miss him terribly and can't wait for him to safely get back home. I compiled a list of 24 things I love about him.
Here it goes:
24. He is kind.
23. His story telling "skills".
22. He is in the military.
21. He is a hard worker.
20. He is crazy brave.
19. He has a motorcycle.
18. My son thinks there is no one cooler in the whole world than his Uncle Jess.
17. He eats enough candy to rot any one's teeth right out of their heads.
16. He has Angelina Jolie lips that we love to tease him about.
15. He still plays video games and takes the time to play with Jack when he comes.
14. He can assemble practically any toy you hand him.
13. He is the best soldier I have ever met.
12. We think Far Side cartoons are above the rest in their hilarity.
11. Wait! Calvin and Hobbs too!!
10. He was my favorite playmate growing up.
9. He spoke to Jack's first grade class and Jack pretty much became untouchable in his coolness after that.
8. He likes adventure.
7. He collected ALL the Star Wars figures when it first came out and then just gave them too Jack.
6. He loves animals. Brandy Sue and Maximus Martin are at the top of that list.
5. His service has boosted our patriotism 100%.
4. He loves his nieces and nephew.
3. He listens.
2. His laugh...it cracks me up.
And the number one thing I love about my brother is...
1. He is a great brother who has turned into a great friend over the years. I am so proud of him.