Saturday, November 14, 2009

End of a Chapter

On Friday, November 13th 2009, we made the hard decision to put out beloved Boxer dog, Brandy Sue, down. It was the hardest decision to come to but with Jesse's blessing we made the appointment. The original plan was to just have David take her and I would stay behind but then I made a promise to Jesse that I would sit with her. News flash....I don't do well with change and hard change is even worse.


I woke up yesterday with a heavy heart. I knew what the day held. I dreaded 9:30.


We walked in and sat with her and said goodbye. I held her head as she passed and the vet checked her heart and said she was gone. It was quick.


We left without her. Came home to her pillow and food dish.


I know she was a dog.


I know in the grand scheme of things, there are bigger hurts. Bigger pain. Bigger heart breaks.


BUT...


This IS harder than I had thought.


I miss her.


I miss what she represented. She was a piece of home. My family's dog. She was who greeted us when we came home for Christmas. She was familiar. She was an old sweatshirt.


She was always excited to see you.


She was naps when I was pregnant with Jack and home at my parent's house.


She was drool.


She was obsessed with food...even on her last day.


She was a shedder of her winter coat...year round.


She was back laying.


She was our dog.


And I miss her.