Saturday, November 21, 2009

Halloween

We had a great Halloween and as is custom for me, I am posting in November about Halloween. I wanted to get these up before Thanksgiving. I can then at least feel a little sense of accomplishment.

*I can't be responsible for how poorly spaced this post is. Blogger thinks it's funny to torment me and my perfectionist side.

**I had to google the spelling of two out of three characters.


Jack or Obi Wan Kenobi hit more people with his lightsaber than I would like to admit. What can I say? The dark side was working strong that night. I may or may not have threatened him. When that didn't work, I may have used some old Jedi mind tricks. "Candy you will not have if you continue this."


Pocahontas was there too. We added face paint for effect. We are serious about our costumes around here.

Wonder Woman was there. Unfortunately, we realized an hour before trick or treating that I had brilliantly bought her costume in a size 2T AND she is a solid 4T. "Way too go, European sizing. Get on the boat and stop being all tricky with how you label your garments."

Did you like that? That is called passing blame.

Awesome, right?

Gwyneth was concerned for all of our dental hygiene with the amount of candy that we had received. Who am I kidding? This was the face I got when I said, "Pick one more piece, Pocahontas, you're done for the night."


And last but not least....pumpkins don't appreciate being carved. They start rotting and molding almost immediately. I tried to save them by googling, "How to keep my carved pumpkin from rotting."
It's a common problem apparently AND no one has found a solution that actually works.
The "solution" below is water with a little bit of bleach, soaked over night and "your pumpkin will firm up and last weeks."
No.
No it won't. It will just become softer, stink up your whole house and be mush by the time you try to throw it into a trash bag before it disintegrates in your hands.


I hope you all had a great Halloween. We still have a TON of candy left. I did take one for the team though, and drain our Milky Way and Three Musketeers stash.

"You're welcome, kids. Momma's got your back."