Every Christmas we say, "Hey, let's be cool and just buy the kids a few things and not go overboard. I mean we really lose our minds every year and buy way too much and then they are overwhelmed. Let's not do that to them again. Agreed?"
Then Dave Ramsey weeps.
"Merry Christmas, Jack!"
"Yes, we know the box says for thirteen and up. Yes, we know it reaches top speeds of fifteen miles per hour but it's so cool and we bought you protective gear to go with it! We are responsible parents like that!"
"Now, Jack, here is what you are going to do.....see the brake? This is the gas here..."
"Here, Pop, you take a spin on it too. Just to make sure it is safe and running correctly."
"Manny, please, tell us what you think. Safe? Even for a nine year old?"
"Hold on. I'll really put this bike through the test. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't make sure this was absolutely safe for my darling first born."
And he's off!
"We are right here, son! If you need us to take a few more spins on it just to make sure it is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, safe...we are your people."