Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Francee Pants Turns 3

Our Liv Frances turned three on the 25th and I am just now getting around to writing about it. We had such a fun time celebrating her little life and watching the home movies of her first days with us. I fondly refer to her as my bonus baby. We were on the fence of whether or not we wanted to "have" another baby and then God just went ahead and decided for us. We were blessed with all 8 lbs. 6 oz. of her on the 25th of May at 3:49 in the afternoon. She was perfect from head to toe. We decided to name her Liv (Scandinavian name meaning life) Frances (Latin name meaning free).

A little before meeting sweet baby girl.

Meeting Big Brother Jack and Sissy.

Being home.

First Birthday.


Second Birthday.


Morning of 3rd Birthday.

The Big Three Year Old Girl.


Liv Frances has been a wonderful addition to our family. She is wild and funny and all girl and silly and stubborn and creative and oh so delightful.

I have had an extremely hard time with my baby turning three. More on that later but for now (since I really have not stabilized yet) I just wanted to share the words from a book I bought for her birthday. It is the sweetest book and I literally wept in SAM's club when I found it. I still have yet to make it through without becoming emotional.

The book is called "Someday" byAlison Meghee and Peter H. Reynolds. (Go buy it NOW.)

One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one.

One day the first snowflakes fell, and I held you up and watched them melt on your baby skin.

One day we crossed the street and you held my hand tight.

Then, you were my baby, and now you are my child.

Sometimes, when you sleep, I watch you dream and I dream too...

That someday you will dive into the cool, clear water of a lake.

Someday you will walk into a deep wood.

Someday your eyes will be filled with a joy so deep that they will shine.

Someday you will run so fast and so far your heart will feel like fire.

Someday you will swing high-so high, higher than you ever dared to swing.

Someday you will hear something so sad that you will fold up with sorrow.

Someday you will call a song to the wind, and the wind will carry your song away.

Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I no longer see you.

Someday you will look at this house and wonder how something that feels so big can look so small.

Someday you will feel a small weight against your strong back (there is a picture of her walking with a baby on her back).

Someday I will watch you brushing your child's hair.

Someday, a long time from now, your own hair will glow silver in the sun.

And when that day comes, love, you will remember me.

I do feel that the years have and are flying by much too fast. I took a nap with Liv on her birthday and I just so happened to wake up at 3:45. I lay there for four minutes and stared at her little face. At exactly 3:49 (her exact birth time) I kissed her perfect little nose. What a sweet moment. It is such a privilege to be a mommy and I am so thankful that God hand picked me to be Jack, Gwyneth and Liv Frances' mommy. What fun it has been and will no doubt continue to be.

Happy Birthday, Francee Pants!! I love you so.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Late Birthday Liv! She is so beautiful and I know you are so thankful to have had a surprise baby! I do love her name and of course the meaning, she came at just the right time you needed that encouragment.
I bet her and Faith could get into all kinds of trouble! =) Hope you all are doing well.

Shalise said...

This is just TOO sweet! Your writing is great. I actually thought of you and Live on the 25, cuz I knew it was her b-day, and I remember thinking "3 years ago, Tiff and I were both awaiting little ones, and I of course was late!"
The on the fence thing was totally us with Rayna!
Happy birthday, sweet Liv! Hope you had fun.

Eraina said...

I clicked on your blog from karin's (sis-in-law) and wasn't going to comment but then remembered karin calls those people "lurkers." so after I read the book on Liv's birthday post and was crying... I thought I should say hi. I obviously spend too much time reading blogs and I also took karate when I was little (a family activity).