Kids are great as they try to master our somewhat complex English language. (Heck, I am almost 27 and I still don't speak fluent "English".) Liv is no exception. As I was getting ready for church yesterday morning, she walked in and said, "Look, Mommy! I put my skirt (then lifting up her skirt) and my boobs on!"
I pause mid mascara sweep, "What?"
"I put my skirt and my boobs on!!"
After repeating this about five times...
I spy her bloomers under her skirt and take a stab at making sense of this word mix up, "You mean your skirt and your bloomers?"
"Yep, my skirt and my bwoomers!!"She smiled and walked out to go show David. Totally oblivious to her word mix up. Remember in the future, Liv, one is meant to cover and the other is meant to be covered.
Kids are also great because not only do they misspeak as they learn but they also think that when you misspeak, chances are, it was on purpose.
Take for instance when we went to the pool and Gwyneth was showing signs of a massive meltdown and David said, "Gwyneth, look at me eyes..."
Jack (overhearing) laughs and says, "Dad!! You totally just said that like a pirate!! Look at me eyes, argh!!"
Yes, totally intentional.
Kids are also great when it comes to figuring out the world. Gwyneth is a classic word "picker a parter" to get the real reason why something is named something. She heard that swim diapers were required for non toilet trained swimmers and she told us, "Hey, I think I know why they call it a swim diaper. First, it's a diaper and second, it swims."
It would personally make my day to see a swim diaper swimming its little heart out.
2 comments:
Hope she didn't have to the plank...
Love reading the funny things your kids come up with.=)
Also Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are having a great day!
Post a Comment