Thursday, January 15, 2009

Defending My Honor

Jack came home this week and asked if I knew a little girl...we'll can her G.

Me: Yes.

Jack: Do you know her mom?

Me: No. (pause) Why?

Jack: Well, she said that her mom knows a Tiffany and she told her mom a really bad poem about "nekked" women.

Me: It wasn't me because I don't even know G's mom. And that does not sound like something I would talk about.

Jack: That's what I told her but she said that it was you! So I asked her if that Tiffany was from San Antonio and she said yes.

Me: Well she is wrong.

Jack: So then I asked her if that Tiffany, that said the bad thing, drank beer and she said yes. And I said HA! Then it wasn't my mom because my mom doesn't drink beer! And she said, wait...no, she doesn't drink beer. And yes, it was your mom."

I am starting to get a little uneasy at this point because what is this little girl's problem?!

Jack: So we are talking to Mrs. S about it in the morning.

Me: That will be good.

UPDATE:

My name has officially been cleared as someone who does not tell poems about naked women. Said little girl's mom had to come for a conference and little girl got her folder signed.

Second grade is getting brutal people. Brutal.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, it's been a while since I have read your blog so I needed to catch up! Wow, sounds like your Christmas was about as crazy and exciting as ours. =) So glad your dad was able to be there with you all, it was great to see him for Callie's wedding! I think he looks so great! I knew he is working through some things but it's just amazing how quickly he has come so far, praise God!
I love reading your conversations with the kids, keeps me laughing as I'm sure it does you. You do such a great job on your blog! Keep it up... Love ya!

Teresa said...

I can just picture you in the carpool lane reciting "nekked" poems to any moms that will listen...

courtney said...

Come on, Tiff! I ALWAYS hear you singing, "there's a place in France...."

I knew it would catch up with you someday.