Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When you have a boy...

You often get asked scenarios like the following:

(Mind you, they are not asked calmly but in a way that you feel like you are on a do or die reality TV show and they just asked the million dollar question and you either win the money with the correct answer or you get eaten alive by crocodiles.)

Jack: (I will use all caps because seriously, my boy does not have an inside voice.) MOM, IMAGINE THAT THERE IS A BIG OCEAN OF LAVA! REALLY HOT LAVA! IT IS BURNING HOT. AND YOU ARE ON A BRIDGE AND YOU HAVE A.....(glancing around, eyes settling on the fridge) REFRIGERATOR....WELL LIKE THAT BIG OF A BUCKET....AND YOU HAVE IT FILLED WITH REALLY COLD WATER. OK?

Me: Mhmmmmm.

JACK: AND YOU DUMP LIKE THE WHOLE THING INTO THE REALLY HOT LAVA...WOULD IT BE COOL ENOUGH TO TOUCH?

Me: (thinking hard for a moment) I am going to go with no. It would still be way too hot. (I glance at him sideways...has my answer sufficed?)

Jack: Hahaha. Yeah, I bet that's right.

Walks off.