I kid.
We spent the holiday weekend at our friend's mom's ranch (how do you like all those apostrophe S's, Courtney?) The kids had a way good time. I will probably blog about this over the next couple of days because as a friend told me once, "That sucker was way too long. I didn't have time to read it." And knowing my long "windedness" I could go on and on about the great time we had.
I realized a little too late that jeans with stretch in them are God's gift to the cowgirl (and maybe cowboy too...you go on with your bad self!!) As I was trying to pull myself up on this beauty of a horse, I thought, "Dang, I need me some stretch in these here jeans because hundred degree weather and jeans that just won't give are not a good combo."





Jack was truly cool up on top of that steed. He rode by himself and did it like a pro.I rode with Gwyneth on the back of my horse and it took me awhile to realize that the reason we kept bolting forward in flashes of speed was because she was giving the horse a good jarring with her heel. She thought it was great fun. I pictured myself in a wheelchair after what should have been a fun holiday weekend.

Look my own Marlboro Man!! Wait, I think that might be copyrighted so we will just call him Newport Man. Not quite as catchy or classy or endearing. Oh well.
Stay tuned for more excitement on the ranch such as collecting chicken eggs and cooking outside and wearing oversized cowboy hats and seeing a rooster and...
Oh never mind. Just stay tuned ya hear?
5 comments:
Okay we're commenting already!! What wonderful pictures and as always I think you have a gift!! Love you when you're crazy Sunflower, Mom
How fun! You guys should sell really think about living the ranch lifestyle! OR, better yet, why don't you move to Lubbock and become cotton farmers. We could be neighbors! :)
By the way, good job on your apostrophe esses! :)
I knew you would be proud and we will only become cotton farmers in Lubbock if we can do it "Gone With the Wind" style!!
Oh and kuddos to my mom for her one comment. What my own mom reads my blog?!
Couldn't I have been your Camel Man, or what about your Paul Maul Man? Yeah, that sounds better!! Had a blast a the ranch.
Tiff, I know you are still just a little "miffed" at the fact that when you went "horse back riding" in Nashville, you actually went "mule back riding!!" Such a disappointment, but it probably prepared you for this venture! And I kind of like Paul Maul Man, myself!!
Post a Comment