Friday, April 9, 2010

A Job Half Done

Jack turned nine during my blogging absence. Nine years old! We are half way done raising that kid! I feel like I just potty trained him and now he is dousing himself in Axe Body Spray before school, his clothes fall off the kid sized hangers, he uses hair gel and his slippers fit my feet. What happened?!

For his birthday, we took him to McDonalds where he officially became a young man. He had his first Big Mac. It's a little known requirement that not many know about. Imagine all the lost men walking around wondering what is missing in their otherwise very full lives.



He came, he saw, he conquered. The Big Mac with its' Thousand Island dressing didn't stand a chance.

 Jack has perfected the nostril flare for the last year. Yes, eight WAS a productive year.

Then the real party started that afternoon when his friends all came over. My girls left for a more girly party so Jack could have his guy time and what ensued was very similar to what I imagine goes on in a fraternity house but with bigger kids. There was more gas and burps and talk about butts then I even care to talk about. See what I was dealing with?

I let David handle these little "dears" who had more Dr. Pepper and sugar running through their systems than they knew what to do with. This picture is good support to quit sugar all together.

Happy Birthday, Jack!